Wednesday 27 February 2013

Full Moon (滿月) Celebration

Abigail was born on 3 January and now she is one month old. These are some of her photos from birth.




We celebrated Abigail full moon (one month) celebration on the 3 February 2013.We did not have a big celebration or gathering as we are planning to have it on her baptism which is schedule in April 2013.




On the 4 February 2013 morning, we were out from the house at about 11am to give out the full moon gift pack to some of our friends and relatives. Talking about the full moon gift pack, I read about these traditional treats and was surprised that many things I do not know about.

Ang Ku Kueh/ Cakes & Dyed Red Eggs: To symbolise luck and blessings, are given or sent to relatives and friends. Eggs are chosen as they represent fertility and their shape symbolises harmony.

Kunyit with Curry Chicken: Is the delicacy and have symbolic meaning that been past down by ancestor to celebrate a meaningful day of baby's full moon

It was a tiring process for us especially to Ivan as he needed to drive some one place to another. Thank God both of my babies did not give much trouble along the journey.

As this day marked the end day of my confinement period too. I had my hair washed, my room bedsheet changed and also I had normal food instead of confinement food. I drank room temperature water instead of red dates & "dong sum" water. Recalling back some of the food cooked by my mother in law and my mother, I really thank them for taking good care of me during my confinement month.
Some snapshots of my confinement food

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Abby :) You are a beautiful angel!! Looking forward to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a long await for the post. Loving it!

    Abigail is a cutie just like her jie jie.
    And thanks again for the fullmth pack. It taste good!

    ReplyDelete