Tuesday 6 October 2015

"Nature is ONE of the Teacher"

One and half month ago, as I was planning the final charity project for my department. We have decided and gotten the approval to visit the Orang Asli Kampung on 3 Oct 2015, I have this question: "Should I bring both the girls?" in my mind. I have decided to bring the children as Ivan has agreed to come along the trip.

Two weeks before the event, Ivan has to say NO to that as his office has a training in Genting. Again, the thought running in my mind; "Should I bring both of them?". It was then along a conversations with Annabelle and Abigail that firmed up my decision.
****One fine afternoon****
"Abigail, you better tidy up your toys else mummy will pack them and give it to the poor children." said mummy.
Annabelle said:"Mummy, is it the poor children of the home that we visited last time." 
Mummy smiled and answered: "Yes".
***********************

So, the trip was held last Saturday. Both of them were well behaved and got up very early. After settled everything, buy one thosai for them to eat in the car; we are on the road to college to meet my students. On the way, I give them stern advice that they need to listen to me, don't run about in the village. They both nodded with thosai in their mouth. :)

The journey got excited when Abigail saw the bus arrived and parked. This is going to be her first bus ride. You should see the joy on her face. Annabelle was excited too, she was very friendly mingling with my students and addressing all of them "Jie Jie" "Kor Kor".

Fast forward the story, we reached Banting (travelling through the haze), the Orang Asli Kg. on time. We were welcomed with the special hand crafted crown, Annabelle loved it and feel shy when the crown was put on her head.

We explored all activities that the Orang Asli did ranging from menyumpit, anyaman daun, visiting the ancestor home and etc. All these activities was an eye opener for me and definitely my students.

The highlight of this blog post was not the activities but on what Annabelle and Abigail did during the trip. The witnessed the kids at the village playing inside the drain (it is very clean and dry). They played and chased around the compound. Both of them make friend with the local kids, who one of them named Meele. They hold hand, walk together. Meele gave flowers to her on the way walking around the kampung area.

I smiled when my colleague told me, Meele called Annabelle "Jie Jie". When I heard, Abigail called the local boy of her age "Annae"...

Annabelle and Abigail were sweating running, playing catch-catch, swing on the tree, opening and closing the door and windows of the hut that are in the kampung. Really a joy to see them enjoying themselves.

This trip give both of them a good experience. They know the life of living out from the city area where they are in. They making friends with others despite different races and cultures. They learnt how to respect others.

More important; mummy and papa make a right choice to bring them along for the trip :) HoooHoo... 































No comments:

Post a Comment