Wednesday 30 November 2016

Drama/ Play for Tadika's Concert - Jack and the Beanstalk

On the 19th Nov 2016 is the concert for Annabelle's school.

This year, Annabelle's school has announced the theme "Fairy Tales Come Alive". So the week after her examination, teacher has started practices speech (conversation) for their class's play on the concert day. She came home with a small slip of paper with dialogues of conversation. I got to know that she is the mother to Jack in the story.

Often enough, every evening when we reach home; I will spare some time to practice with her. But we weren't that discipline and of course some of the days, we missed it. As the days draw closer to the concert actual day, Annabelle has seen to be more worried. She has expressed that her fear and also if she can do it properly. I told her "Yes, you can!" whenever she asked me this.

3 days before the concert, she told me; "Mummy, teacher say I must speak a little louder and cannot be shy else the audience will be bored with the story." I replied to her, "Annabelle, of course you can speak louder and also you will need to ensure someone special in the audience can hear you." I asked her, you know who is there amongst the audience? She guessed few names.. lastly I told her. "Jesus" will be there. He is there because Jesus knows that you had practice so hard and put in lots of effort to ensure he can hears. I told her, you cannot speak to the floor and keep looking down; because Jesus is sitting at the audience seats, so speak out loud and clear. Jesus will listen carefully to the story and he will clap for you.

On the actual day of the concert, she got up very early; she bath and get herself ready. She went to the altar and she prayed for a good day and she will speak out and know how to speak in her concert.

All right here is just part of the video, I can't upload the whole video here. I had part of it to share with you.



The drama went on very well. Everyone in her class did so well. She has become more confident, she was seen enjoying herself in this play. I am glad and thankful to the teacher and principal of the Tadika for giving her this opportunity.

"Annabelle, Papa and Mummy are very proud of you. Thank you for even teaching your mei mei (Abigail) as she can now memorise some part of the speech as she was made the Jack in our own practice."
"Now Abigail too is very happy learning up the fairy tales songs and drama line of conversation. Bravo!" 

"Jesus, I have to use your name to encourage Annabelle. Thank you Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment