Tuesday 22 November 2011

Annabelle + Papa

It was 5.30am. After Annabelle's feed at 5.00am, I went down to take my shower and make coffee for myself and Ivan. I could hear her cry from the kitchen. Run up the stairs, saw Ivan carried her. Annabelle was crying so "kesian". Ivan told me that "Don't know why she cry!". I had noticed that recently she buli the papa alot. The papa actually carry her the same way I carry, the papa feed her the same way that I do; but she is just refuse and wanted me. Hmmm..I think Ivan is really sad in this. He has expressed it today in the car. Poor husband of mine! I know how you feel. He really loves and wanted to pampered Annabelle but she is coming to me and closer to me than him, this make him think if he is doing anything wrong, I guess! I was comforting him while talking and explaining to him this morning that Annabelle knows that the mother is the source of food and want me to curdle her to sleep while the papa will be for fun and game... Darling, let me assure you that you are the best papa and husband to us...No worries and don't get upset. I am sure in one point of time during her growing stage (especially I want to disciplined her), she will run to you in tear and say "Papa, mummy is scolding me!!!..." and you will say "OK.. OK..don't cry! Papa sayang!!!". As I was reading this from Baby Center, it says:

My baby seems to prefer his father right now. What does that mean and how do I deal with it?

The BabyCenter Editorial Team
No need to worry — what's happening is actually quite common. Some babies prefer one parent over the other at certain stages of development. No one knows for sure what this means, but some suggest that your baby sees his father as the person who will fulfill his needs right now, which doesn't necessarily negate your efforts. Your baby's preference will likely switch back to you sometime soon.

It can be upsetting when your baby rejects you in favor of your partner. But don't take it personally. Let your baby get the attention he needs from his dad, and don't let his preference create tension between you and your partner. And remember, both of you are important to your baby. He just happens to prefer his father at the moment.
 
So darling, both of us are important to Annabelle... No worries k...

3 comments:

  1. Poor daddy. But please pass my message to Ivan.

    "Don't worry, Annabelle knows who love her the most! At this moment, as yijie said, she needs food (from mommy), that's why she is more close to yijie. Futhermore, is normal that baby likes the "smell" from her mommy especially.

    But eventually when Annabelle grows up, she will close to daddy (just like very best friend).
    I have a very good example, Sarah!
    She totally rejected her daddy when a baby. But now, she has changed so much! She won't say No if daddy accompany her to sleep. She loves to hug and kiss Chong."

    Don't worry, be a happy daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. most babies prefer their mommy bcoz we have the 'susu smell' :) my aunt calls it bau ketiak hahahahaah

    ReplyDelete
  3. n especially daughters, they WILL eventually prefer daddy as they grow up cz mummy is boring n always d disciplinarian while daddy is fun n never says no!

    ReplyDelete