Tuesday 20 December 2011

Pneumococcal Jab & Rotavirus Vaccine

I think every child grown up by going through numerous types of vaccinations and also immunisation. Annabelle has no exception to it. When I was in my pregnancy months, I heard this "pneumococcal" name many times from my sister ~ Nicole. She used to tell me it sounded like "butter coco"...

Yesterday, we decided to give her rotavirus vaccine and pneumococcal jab. Since Annabelle was still having cough, Dr. Tan has checked and told that it is fine to administer the doses as she is recovering and her lungs are clear. Dr. Tan started by giving Annabelle rotavirus vaccine. Hoo... hoo..., it is a syringe of clear thick liquid. Doctor put it slowly little by little into her mouth, being Annabelle who loves sweet sweet stuff; she takes it like candy... She open her eyes big enough looking at the doctor while "yummy" down the liquid... I am glad to see it. Then, we were asked to turn Annabelle to her side. Yes, getting ready for her jab! This is not her first time receive injections, she had gone through 3 times respectively during her 1st, 2nd and 3rd month. I had to hold on to a toy to distract her while the doctor poke the needle to her thigh. "A... ahhhh" Annabelle cried and stop immediately when I carried her up from the bed. Ivan and I were so proud of her. Doctor Tan also surprise and praise her ""Good Girl". and say that she is very brave, (a side note: this good girl will go into her good girl book).

"Annabelle, there are 1 more rotavirus vaccine and 3 more "coccal" jab to go. Stay on strong and be good! Papa and mummy and doctor will give you "good girl" into your book"

1 comment:

  1. Very good and brave girl lor. Just cried a lil while and stopped.

    As I can remembered, Sarah cried most of the time for her jab (only one time that she was good, hehe).
    And being "smart and smarter", the moment she reached to the clinic, she started felt discomfort. And then once brought her near to the katil for her being jab, she started to cried out really loud!

    ReplyDelete