Friday 10 February 2012

Annabelle is teething!

So fast! This is what everyone tell me when I told them that Annabelle is teething. Last Friday, my babysitter told me that she was a little fussy at the daycare; she also told me that Annabelle is probably teething as she can sense the lower gum is a little rough when she clean her tongue.

On the Saturday, I checked on it by myself. True enough, I can see there are two tiny teeth buds starting to develop on the lower front of the mouth. It is so amazing! I couldn't take any photographs because naughty Annabelle refused to show it and kept her lips tight (she thought that I am cleaning her tongue which she hated the most.)

As I was reading some symptoms of teething, Annabelle has the following:


  • Drooling (Yes)
  • Gum swelling and sensitivity (So far, the gum is a little rough)
  • Irritability or fussiness (A little)
  • Biting behavior (Oh yes, every and anything she grab hold, she will bite)
  • Refusing food (Praise God, so far she is feeding well)
  • Sleep problems (Sort of a little, she wake up more often for the past couple of nights)


  • With advice from my colleague, Helen, I actually bought the teething biscuit about a month ago. I have decided to let her have it over the weekend. She was so excited on it. I managed to snap a photo on it.

    By the way, as teething is an important milestones in her development; and I know the 20 baby teeth will emerge slowly one by one, I will patiently wait for all of them to come true :) I have also decided to print out the teething chart to record these beautiful moment.

    2 comments:

    1. Another milestone achievement..good.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I was about to ask you whether you need the teething chart or not?
      Is good to keep track as we have an idea on when the teeth will emerge:-)

      The gripe water also will help to release the teething prob.
      Oh yes, if he really wish to bite something, you may put the hanky in fridge for sometime and take it out for her to bite.
      It helps too!

      ReplyDelete