Wednesday 1 February 2012

2012 Chinese New Year :) Happy Feeling

I waited eagerly for this Chinese New Year. Usually I was not that desparate, I guess reason being; this year CNY I have our "papa princes, mummy annabelle girl" to celebrate with us. I remembered clearly, I was only 16 weeks into my pregnancy for last year CNY; but the feeling of having her to celebrate this year CNY is so joyful, satisfying and one more word HAPPY!!!
This is what I meant!!! 满足 & 幸福 (Satisfy & Bless)


My "ang ang" Chinese New Year costume
To welcome the CNY, we got many pieces of new dresses/ clothes for Annabelle. One of the most important thing, the papa insisted to get her a traditional CNY blouse (an "ang ang"~ red red one) too. On the eve of CNY, we got ready her ang pau (our very first ang pau to her). I tell you, the feeling of giving ang pau to others is so different as compared to a mother and father giving to their own children. There is a chinese word to it 满足 & 幸福.


It is our culture many years ago, we need to wish our parents during CNY before we receive ang pau from them. So, this year; since all my sisters are coming back for reunion regathering on the 2nd day of CNY, we had our wishing session 拜年 that day then. Of course, this year; we are blessed to be able to carry Annabelle in our arm, wishing our parents and receive ang pau from them. The feeling of it is really at the top of the world.
"Gong Gong & Popo, Gong Xi Fai Cai..."

We also pay visit to our relatives during CNY. On the 3rd day of CNY, we visited our relatives from my mother's site. All my uncle and aunties were so excited and happy to see Annabelle. Annabelle got so many ang pau from them too. On the 4th day then, we visited our grandparents in Setapak. Though it is a short visit, I think it is a nice experience for the us and children to be able to spend some time with the old and elderly. It is all CNY is about...


A photo with our grandparents/ greatgrandparents (for the kids)

Seeing everyone's laugh, smile and joke in the house, I felt I am definately gifted with a good family. We bond really well. We take every opportunity to gather, though the man in the house "communicated" on the manjung table, I really enjoy the time spend with my family members during CNY.
Happy Family


祝大家新年快快乐乐,身体健康。
小孩们快高长大。。。

3 comments:

  1. I had so much fun playing wit Annabelle Bao Bei too:-)
    She is really a cutie pie! Never stop smiling:-)

    P/S:
    Alamak yijie, why my face looked like that in the 1st photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeng, I guess you was talking to Shidah at that time... Never mind, you are on candid camera!

      Delete
    2. Haha...I was like Yooooooooooooooo:-)

      Delete