Tuesday 31 January 2012

Her First Solid Food

Annabelle is approaching 6 months soon! As being adviced by the paediatrician, we can start her on solid food at 6 months old. However, Annabelle had been eyeing on food when we eat every now and then and she is trying to get hold on anything from cup, mug, plate, bowl and cutlery on the dining table.

I had been doing some search online on solid food and ways of preparation for the past few weeks. A week before Chinese New Year, I have decided to feed her rice cereal from Nestle (Cerelac). Since this is her first try on solid food, she did not seem to like it. I have noticed that what I fed her, she could not swallow it much but the food remains in her mouth. When I checked that with my colleague, she mentioned to me that it is pretty normal and ask me to try again as once she gets the momentum to swallow she will enjoy it and chase after the feeding spoon.


















So, I thought that rice cereal could be a bit plain and bland; I had prepared sweet potatoes puree one day and fed her. I put her on the hair chair, got all the feeding gear ready and here we go. She is okay for the first 10 minutes, soon after that; she becoming cranky and turning her body like "ular", I have no choice to bring her down and put her at my lap and continue feeding. Oppss... she rejected it again. I told Ivan: "Sweet Potatoes project failed!". In the end, I found out the cause of this; I have chosen the wrong time to feed her. She was too hungry and wanted to have her milk instead of her the sweet potatoes.
Yummmm... yum.... yum....
Oma....oooommaaa...
My very first high hair papa mummy bought for me.
Let me see what can I scoop out with this spoon.

The effort of feeding Annabelle her solid food does not end. I tried again on last Saturday. This time, I choose the right time, repeat what I did last week. She is so happy eating the sweet potatoes and finished the portion in the bowl. :) (Big smile on my face! and a "GOOD GIRL" marked on her book).
Finally, the solid food project is successful and more to go... Annabelle, you are lucky as your mummy would like to try other type of puree and I am sure you are going to like it.








4 comments:

  1. Let me guess what is the next pureed food...hmmm...pumpkin or carrot puree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BINGO, Yeng. I had made carrot puree... will try her on pumpkin next... Pandai this mummy!

      Delete
  2. Bingo bingo!
    Remember, I pureed whatever vege I can think of for Sarah when she first started solid, so I am the "Pureed Food Master", chehhhhhhhh!!

    Oh yes, I have seen some article about not too frequent and over feeding orange colour food for bb. The beta carotene in the food will turned the bb skin to orangey colour.

    Besides, I wonder do you have this website with you
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood6to8montholdbaby.htm
    I love this one. I refer it quite alot last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, does Annabelle loves those bb biscuits?

    ReplyDelete