Thursday 12 January 2012

Her First Crawl - A great achievement!

It was a great achievement for Annabelle on the last Saturday. She started to crawl... Yes, it is at 5 months 3 days old, she did it...

As usual, Annabelle, the early baby, woke up in the morning at my parents' apartment refused to sleep back and wanted to get out from the room. I brought her to the hall and put her down on the mattress. She started to flipped and turned around. She slowly moved her body out from the mattress and reaching the floor. Annabelle started by looking around the place and rested her head on the floor and began to move forward a little. Without any delay, I dashed into the room and took my camera and recorded a moment that I would not regret. Little by little, she is crawling... I was so happy seeing her progress. Though I was happy, I can't stop myself from saying "Careful!!... careful!!... 小心!!.. 小心!!". Of course, I was worried because this is her first attempt trying to crawl and she was on the hard surface and I really hoped that she remembered that she is not on the mattress.

While recording, I encouraged her to reach out to my handbag first which is not too far from her. Then, I thought I could captured her attention to the cup of coffee and spoon that I was having, but she had a better spot on. She spotted the leg rag/ carpet that near the kitchen. Anothing funny action she did that worth mention, "Tong Tong Cheng" (Ivan described it that way as it looks like lion dance step). We both love to see this step and can't stop smiling whenever we recall what she did.

I had researched on the net, this type of babycrawl is called the Belly Crawl also known as the commando crawl! About half of babies begin crawling by keeping their tummy against the floor as they move. (http://www.parents.com/baby/development/crawling/types-of-baby-crawls/?page=2). According to the source, the "Tong Tong Cheng" style that she did is actually preparing her so that she can crawl on her four when she is ready.

Seeing her crawling and trying to reach out to the object she targeted, I know that my baby has grown up; she is exploring more. I am so glad that she is not afraid and very brave in taking each step in her milestones. I also know that she might get hurt sometime during this stage, as mummy I  had to be ready with it as I guess too much of "protection" to the baby may delay her development.

To Annabelle, papa and mummy are very proud of you. Mummy had written a "GOOD" in your good/ naughty girl book.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Grown up already! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leena, thanks for the comment. Yes, she has grown and growing... :) Let's meet, CNY will be good. Text me ok!! Keep in touch :) Hugs to you too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a longgggggggg video but definitely worth watching. I never missed any shots from the video.:-)

    She is really a "bravo" girl lah! She has great and faster development as compared to other kids at her age.

    Annabelle can do a big crawl and if I am not wrong, I heard like "jittttttt" when she was crawling. I think our tiles were too slippery and clean for her,kekek!

    Is true also, sometimes "over protection" might delay her development. But must keep an eye too while she is "practising" her crawling.

    Anyway, well done Annabelle. Yiyi is so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very well done :) Very soon, We can the Mummy and Daddy busy "chasing" after her. hahahahah.

    ReplyDelete