Tuesday 17 January 2012

Papa, We Love You!!!

I rejoined my Master class yesterday with UTAR after a semester leave of absence due to my pregnancy. I planned to take two subjects which means two days of classes from 7pm to 10pm. This was not a big deal for me 15 months ago. Of course, for now; it is not a big problem but I have a slight worries in my heart. How about my baby when I was away for classes??!!!

Few weeks before the new year, I had told Annabelle that "mummy is attending classes for two days in the evening, you be good girl, be with papa!" I do not know how much she understood but I still tell her assuming that she can remember it. The day has come for the class commencement, Ivan has called me before the end of the day; he said "Baby, do not worry about us. I am going back to fetch baby now, I will take care of her well, you go to your class and be focus in class. We see you in the evening."

I went to class and had the introduction lecture then. Many times, I was about to pick up my phone and wanted to text Ivan to check on Annabelle but I told myself, they are going to be okay. Finally, when Ivan called me; he told me that he fed her, changed her, and she was playing, crawling crawling on the floor now. I was so pleased to hear that. But Ivan also told me, she knows that I was not around; she was a little cranky because normally I was the one that comfort her to sleep.


And she sleeps like an angel while going to fetch mummy :)
At 9.30pm, Ivan brought Annabelle along to pick me up. I saw her sleeping like an angel in the car seat. I felt so happy to see her. At dinner, Ivan showed me this facebook status message; I was in tear after seeing it.

"Ah today my wife starts her Masters Class!!! All the best baby... dont worry about the both of us as we will be fine!!! We will be playing together and I will feed her, change her and put her to sleep... you just concentrate in your class OK! We love you Shirley Tiew Shuet Ling! Love Ivan Vincent and Baby Annabelle!"

God, I am so thankful to you for blessing me with Annabelle and a wonderful husband by my side. Ivan is so supportive and encouraging in whatever I do especially in my studies, on top of that; he is such as good and responsible husband (papa) that is able to take care of his child in the absence of me. I am so proud of him.

Message to Annabelle (when you read this when you know it): "Baby, you have a wonderful papa. In whatever you do in the future, you must always remember that how papa was by your side when you were young; you are always Papa Princess!!! He love you"

1 comment:

  1. Ivan is really a good papa. He has done all his best to take care of Annabelle.
    I told him, is not an easy job for taking care of a babies for hours (when the mommy is not around).

    Don't worry, they will be fine.

    ReplyDelete