Wednesday 8 February 2012

We had an enjoyable 2012 Chop Goh Mei

This year Chop Goh Mei falls on a holiday. Ivan has volunteered to prepare some Indian dishes to celebrate this event. We have decided to prepare "sweetie" tomatoes rice, "with love"chicken curry, "best"mutton curry and "Chop Goh Mei"salad. In order for us to be able to leave to my sister house on time, we started the cooking early. I was not able to help him much as I need to take care of Annabelle. Ivan prepared everything from cutting, seasoning, cooking, decorating, dishing, packing to delivering. I am so proud of him.






When we reached my sister house, the kids started to "dig" into the rice. Mum started feeding Lik Hwang, Sarah and Kylie with a common bowl, each spoon full of rice is fed to each of them; mum had to refill the bowl 3 times. You can imagine how nice the rice is. Instead of fork and spoon, mum enjoyed the food using her hand... Walla.... Then, all my sisters started to have their feast followed by the men. My father loved the mutton so much, my brother in law were every impressed with his cooking too. I can see smile on every's smile, so happy to see them full.


After food, the children were entertained with bubble blowing game at the garage. It is Annabelle's first encounter of bubble game and she enjoyed looking at the cousin's in action and she will laugh when everyone laugh. We then proceed on to the nearby playground. Yes! Again, it is Annabelle first time to a playground though she been for a walk at a park nearby our area. She had her first experience on a slide, on a see saw, on the swing with the mummy. Wow, you should check out her excitement on her face. In fact, all of us enjoyed ourselves.

As Ivan always said: "I will cook for my loved one. When they are full and happy with the food, I am happy!"

Darling, thank you so much for cooking for us. We love you... please cook more often... :p

1 comment:

  1. Yes Ivan, cook more often please..hehe.
    No lah, just kidding.

    I know the whole process of the cooking is time consuming. Really appreciate the work you both have put in.
    Thanks!

    It was a joyous moment seeing all the kids mingle 2gether yeah.

    ReplyDelete