Wednesday 24 September 2014

Say Bye Bye to ... Night Diapers

"Dry Night", "Free from Diapers Night" are all phrases that mummies thought of, read about and talk about. Some mummies choose to delay this phase, some mummies will reason it as "my child is not ready..", some mummies will choose to let nature take its course to train up their child. In whatever instances, I just like to record and share this with mummies.. This process is achievable to get your child a diaper free nights..

When I discussed and asked my colleagues, Helen mummy; how to go about the process, I am scared to even start. I used to give excuses to myself and told Ivan that we shall train her up after 3 years old. Now Annabelle is 3 years old, passed her birthday and it is definitely is the right time. 

We began this training at 1 September 2014. Today marks 24th days of training. 

Day#1: Night, I told Annabelle. "Annabelle, you need to tell mummy if you want to "chu-chu" ~ urine." She nodded.  
Day #1 (Result): Wet 3 times (12am, 3am, 5++am) on the single bed mattress. I told myself, I cannot get angry. Woke up, change her, change the bedsheets and change the bed protector sheet. 

Day #2: Night, I told Annabelle the same message. She nodded.
Day #2 (Result): Wet 3 times (can't recall timing). This time I got a little mad because I woke her up at 12++am to ask if she likes to urine, she say NO then 30 minutes later she wet the bed... I admit that I had reprimanded her.
She told me softly and in the half-sleepy mode:"Mummy, Annabelle must tell mummy if want to urine?" She followed with another statement that I used to tell her "Mummy, Annabelle will try again?"...
My heart felt so bad, and I told myself; "Shirley, you are not going to scold her any more for this training or practice!"

Day #3: I went on get some consultation from Helen mummy, she told me some "petua"...
Day #3 (Result): I told Annabelle to urine before her milk, urine again before sleep. That night, she wet twice.

Day #4: I used the "petua", I printed a reward chart for potty training (modified to suit) for her. We told her if tonight she did not wet her bed, tomorrow she has one star. 
Day #4 (Result): Wet once still. But we continue to motivate her.

Day#5: I repeated myself like broken radio.
Day #5(Result): She is dry the whole night.. We let her stick her first star in the morning. 

Today is Day #24: There are still days that she accidentally did wet her bed, but I had decided not to buy bed sheet protector; she is sleeping with her sister on the queen bed instead of the mattress. She is doing very well and she has received 2 presents from us (Small present from us, a water-colour set, and Pringles Potatoes chips).

When Annabelle read this at 7 years old or older, she will turn around and say to me : 'Mummy, why you record this in the blog and share with people... so shameful..".. (Mummy will just giggle and say, this is mummy's blog, mummy write anything that I felt important ..." :)

So does the reward training chart works? It does :) (Special thanks to my Helen Mummy's help :))

Here share some photos...





No comments:

Post a Comment